At Sheely Plumbing Inc., we know that not everyone is capable of handing sewer line repair and replacement. So, whether your home’s main sewer line has a clog, or if it requires a new line, we’re the experts best prepared to fix it right the first time thanks to our technology and expertise. Put our name in your contact list, and remember to call when you have sewer pipe problems and need professional service in Alto or around the greater Grand Rapids area.
If your water heater is giving you fits, call us and ask about our water heater services for repair or replacement.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair
Many homeowners desire to fix plumbing problems by themselves so they can save money. However, issues with the main sewer line require the experience of a professional to ensure the job is done right and to prevent problems from creeping up shortly. As with many plumbing problems, the sooner you catch the issue, the less likely the repair and damage will be. Here are signs to watch for indicating you have problems in your main sewer line.
- Fluctuating Toilet Water - If your toilet bowl is full one day and there’s barely any water in there the next, it could be a clog in the sewer system.
- Animal Attraction - If you notice more rodents and other animals attracted to your yard, it may be a break in the sewer line that’s to blame.
- Foul Odors - The odor of sewage in the yard or basement means the sewer system needs inspection for possible problems.
- Soggy Yard - If you notice water pooling in the yard, it could be that the sewer pipe is leaking.
- Slow Drains - When you have drains that seem to take forever to empty, it may be a clog in the sewer line that requires removal.
- Gurgling in the Pipes - Strange gurgling sounds coming from the bathtub drain or the toilet indicate that you need sewer line repair.
If you notice any of the above problems in your Alto or Grand Rapids, MI home, call on Sheely Plumbing Inc. and talk to one of our experts.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage
A backed-up sewer line can cause thousands of dollars in damage, and the repairs can be expensive and inconvenient. The best way to avoid trouble with the main sewer line is to prevent issues from building up. Here are simple things you can do to prevent clogs and damage to your main sewer pipe.
- Properly Dispose of Grease - Cooking oil and fat must not go down the drain; instead, put it in a container and put it in the trash. When hot grease goes down the drain, it cools to form a thick sludge that eventually clogs the line.
- Properly Dispose of Paper Products - Items like paper towels, diapers, personal wipes, and feminine products cause many problems in the main sewer line, which is why these items should go into the trash rather than down the drain.
- Cut Tree Roots - Tree root invasion is a significant problem for homeowners because a small leak in the line attracts tree roots that burrow into the pipe to create a clog. Have a professional periodically cut tree roots to prevent this from happening.
For more information on how to prevent sewer line problems, call us and ask for a consultation.
For stubborn clogs, call us and ask about our drain cleaning services today.
Does Insurance Cover Sewer Line Replacement?
Replacing a sewer line can be an expensive job, which is why many homeowners look to their insurance company for help whenever they’re facing replacing the line. However, most policies don’t cover the costs of repair on installation unless the damage was the result of a third party, such as a contractor, neighbor, or tenant, or an act of God. The best way to avoid costly repairs is to take preventative measures to ensure the health of your main sewer line, such as the tips listed above.