Considering how much time Alto and Grand Rapids residents spend in their bathrooms and kitchens, it’s reasonable to make them as pleasant and functional as possible. Unfortunately, many older bathrooms and kitchens lack the storage space and design that modern homeowners desire. At Sheely Plumbing Inc., our experts can craft the perfect bathroom or kitchen for you and your family. Call us today to find out more.
When your toilet clogs and nothing can fix it, call and ask about our clogged toilet repair.
Tips for Bathroom Remodeling
Homeowners love remodeling their bathrooms because it’s a small space and easier to do than the kitchen. Reduced space means lower cost, less flooring, and paint. If you’re in the market for a bathroom makeover, check out these tips.
- Make Recesses for More Room - If you have little space to work with, make recessed areas for cabinets, soap dishes, toilet paper holders, etc., to give yourself as much free space as possible.
- Ventilation - Bathrooms must have some ventilation, whether it’s an exhaust fan or a window. Look at the exhaust capacity or cubic feet of air per minute the fan handles relative to its noise level.
- Add Plants - The addition of live plants brings color and a sense of calm to the bathroom, which is perfect for when you need to unwind with a hot bath.
- Choose Flooring Wisely - People love hardwood floors, but hardwood isn’t ideal for the bathroom, so, look for flooring that can withstand the rigors of water, steam, bare feet, and daily use. Consider materials like ceramic, tiles, sheet vinyl, or even laminate.
- Lighting - One major problem many bathrooms have is inadequate lighting. When you have to put on makeup or fix your hair, you need bright light to see better. So, don’t rely only on one overhead light; instead, add lights around the bathroom for maximum effect.
For more tips on how to improve your bathroom, call Sheely Plumbing Inc. and ask one of our experts.
How to Spruce Up Your Kitchen
Besides the bathroom, the kitchen is one of the most-used rooms in the house, and it’s no wonder that fixtures and appliances wear out quickly. Here are a few ideas to improve the look and functionality of your kitchen.
- Paint the walls a lighter color to give the impression of more space.
- Refresh the cabinets and drawers for maximum storage.
- Update the cabinet knobs and handles.
- Replace the countertop with a modern material such as stone or marble.
- Replace the floors for a new, fresh look.
- Modify the lighting to make the kitchen brighter and easier to work in.
For more ideas on how to improve your kitchen, call the remodeling experts at Sheely Plumbing Inc.
If you’re sick of the water quality in your Alto or Grand Rapids, MI home, call us and ask about our water filtration service.
When You Need Basement Remodeling
Many homeowners ignore their basements until there’s a problem, such as a water leak. However, other issues can damage your home if left untreated. Here are the most common signs that you should consider remodeling your basement.
- Water puddles in the basement
- Water stains on the floor or walls
- Leaks coming from the floor or walls
- Condensation on basement windows or doors
- Swelling or warped doors or door jams
- The buildup of mold and mildew
- Cracks in the floors or walls